The New Jersey State Conference of the NAACP is pleased to announce scholarships for the academic year September 2017 – June 2018. The scholarships will be awarded to those seeking matriculated full-time undergraduate and graduate programs at accredited institutions.
We are requesting your assistance in spreading the word about these scholarship opportunities to your eligible students. Enclosed you will find a Scholarship Application Form that specifies information required for submission. We ask that you or a designated member of your Guidance Office serve as a contact and clearinghouse to assure the applications are filled out completely and have all the required documents attached. Please select an official liaison to the New Jersey NAACP.
Scholarships points will be awarded based on the following criteria:
1. The student should be a minority US citizen entering college for the September 2017—June 2018 academic year. College acceptance letter must accompany application..
2. Must be a resident of New Jersey.
3. The student should have a minimum academic average of 2.8 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate. Transcript included.
4. The student should be active in the community.
5. The student should submit a one page essay on “What the NAACP Means to Me,” printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, 1 inch margins on each side, double spaced, 12 point arial font.
6. The student must provide 3 letters of recommendation: one from a teacher, one from a counselor, and one from a community, civic or church leader.
7. All applications should be complete without omissions to be considered. Applications will not be returned after the award process.
8. The student must complete the scholarship application checklist and sign it.
9. The student or a designated representative should attend our Legislative luncheon to receive the award.
Submit the application and all attachments as single package by either mail or e-mail to: Mail to Adrienne Sanders
*Attn: 2017 NJSCNAACP Scholarship Application
PO Box 1143, Asbury Park, NJ 07712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions may be addressed to Adrienne Sanders: email@example.com or (732) 539-5329.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY OR RECEIVED BY AUGUST 10, 2017, 11:59PM EST NO APPLICATIONS HAND DELIVERED, FAXED OR E-MAILED TO INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS OF THE NAACP WILL BE CONSIDERED
Scholarships will be awarded during the Membership Brunch, October 7, 2017 from 10:00am—12:00pm, at our Annual Convention, at the Hilton Parsippany Hotel, One Hilton Court, Parsippany, NJ 07054. The student or designated representative will receive one gratis ticket, courtesy of the NJSCNAACP.